Review Summary: A membership that provides people a simple means to get new referrals into multiple traffic exchange downlines and build an email list in the process, using one platform. This platform does has some good points but also some very real drawbacks to consider before joining.
Price: 30 day trial/ $10 per month + up sells
When I first looked at the sales page my reaction was that I was looking at another scam. The testimonials in the sales video looked obviously fake. A quick look over at Fiverr.com and my suspicion was confirmed, they are actors. This is a website were you can hire people to do just about anything for $5 or more, including video testimonials.
I didn’t check out the other 2 testimonials but either way they’re certainly not off to a good start using that kind of marketing.
They haven’t really gone ‘totally bonkers’ with crazy high income claims like the real scammers do, so it didn’t completely write this off for me. They also provide an FTC disclaimer which is something at least:
I did some digging and it turns out that TePays is owned by NewFire
Media Marketing which was founded by Blain Jones and Shane Bost. I couldn’t find much information about them on their website (newfiremarketing.com) as of writing this.
Some people might not care but when actors are telling me how much money they are making with a particular system, I don’t find it very amusing to say the least. Other aspects of their marketing and product offerings are actually very ethical so this is a shame and something I think detracts from their program. If they choose to change this and inform me about it, I will update here.
How The TePays Program Works
The idea is to create one account with tePays and sign up to 6 traffic exchanges (TE’s) in the process of setting up your account.
The TE’s primarily do 3 things for you:
- Build your tePays referrals
- Grow your downlines in each of the 6 TE’s
- Build your email list
Whoever you sign up goes through the exact same set-up process as you and the links they join TE’s through are coded with your unique affiliate link. In other words, promoting one program opens the way for downline referrals in multiple TE’s.
You are also given a series of squeeze pages, banners and email swipes to promote this program with. To make this system work will require you to purchase an autoresponder if you don’t already have one. This is a way for you to send out automated email campaigns to people that sign up to tePays through you.
There is also a tracking program to help you track and tweak your advertising campaigns which is not as vital as the autoresponder in my opinion. Tracking is very important, but buying this product is not essential when you are just starting out.
Here’s a quick look at both of these products:
Rocket Responder- This is an autoresponder that costs $20 per month for unlimited subscribers and it has some pretty good reviews all round from what I can see. Personally, I use MailChimp but this does seem like a cost effective way to go and the quality seems pretty good. This comes with a free 30 day trial.
Trck.me- This gives you an easy solution to tracking your advertising and email marketing campaigns so you can get the most out of them. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of reviews online but from what I have seen it’s pretty legit. This costs between $9-$49 per month and comes with a free 30 day trial.
The idea is to place your affiliate links for the 6 TE’s and the above 2 programs into the slot provided in the members area. This way, when someone joins tePays.com through you, you will automatically build your downline in the TE’s and earn affiliate commissions when people sign up to either of the above 2 programs.
There is also the option to purchase traffic directly through the platform:
If you go this route I recommend starting out slow and testing your results carefully.
Ways You Can Earn
There are several ways you can earn with this program:
- Residual commissions on signing up new referrals to tePays- $7 each referral per month
- Residual commissions when your referrals join Rocket Responder- $4 each referral per month
- Residual commissions when your referrals join Trck.me- 30% recurring on whatever option they choose
- TE advertising credits and income for referring people, referrals will go into your traffic exchange mlm downlines and the benefits will vary from company to company
- Promoting other affiliate offers to your email list
This is a higher membership level that includes a few extra things for a total of $20 per month. You get everything in the ‘full membership’ plus:
- More squeeze pages, banners and email swipes
- 75% commissions on Pro upgrades
- Unlocks the ability to earn commissions from those that sign up to the tracking software and buy advertising through the back office
It was also nice to see they approached this in a very ‘non-guru’ kind of way and kept this upgrade offer very honest and transparent:
That isn’t something you see every day I can assure you, so a big thumbs up!
Will You Actually Make Any Money?
I personally do not like TE’s because they produce low quality traffic and can be a massive waste of time. Building your list in the ‘make money online’ niche is probably one of the better ways to use these exchanges though, if you must. I have not evaluated the individual TE’s being recommended in their back office so make sure to do your due diligence if you want to sign up.
Here’s 1 of 2 ways using a TE is going to go down for you:
- Spend a TON of time ‘surfing’ to get credits just so that others trying to get credits can view your ad. When I say a ton… I mean a freaking ton!
- Spend a small-moderate amount of money on this low quality traffic (the price of their traffic is low for a reason) and see how it goes
Either way most people don’t care what you are advertising, they just want to click as quickly as possible so they can earn clicks on their own ads! You could make money but you should be prepared to spend a lot of time or a decent amount of cash to get traffic. You’ll also want to learn more about email marketing in order to effectively monetise the new list you are building.
Hint: it’s about building a relationship with your subscribers and giving them value- not just selling them stuff!
What I Liked
- Easy and relatively low cost way to build an email list
- Efficient way to build multiple downlines and build free advertising credits
- The non-pushy approach to upgrading your membership was cool
- Products they recommend appear decent
What I Didn’t Like
- The fake testimonials
- Unless you create your own video or content, you’ll be using the same canned squeeze pages as all other TePays affiliates
- The system is focussed on recruiting affiliates, who recruit affiliates
This is not a scam since it does give people a simple way to make some extra money and build an email list. I also think the autoresponder they recommend is reasonably good value and it’s nice to be able to promote this as part of the system.
The problem really comes down to the low quality traffic source the system is based around in my opinion.
By the time you pay for your membership, autoresponder fees and traffic this becomes a less than ideal opportunity for a newbie strapped for cash. I personally believe there are much better and more cost effective ways to build a legitimate online business, ways that utilise highly targeted and free traffic through the search engines.